Thursday, July 13, 2006

Whose Deja Vu Is It?

The term deja vu is defined as " a distortion of memory in which a new situation or experience is regarded as having happened before, or as already seen." (Websters Dictionary.

Recently, while in conversation, someone suggested an event that I would be involved in and went into great detail describing it. Well it didn't dawn on me at that moment, but while doing some editing work, I virtually came across an identical event that I had written in one of my forthcoming books.

So whose deja vu is it...theirs or mine? Is it my deja vu because I wrote it and then heard someone tell me about it later...or is it theirs because they relayed an event that they had no knowledge of me writing and then discovered it? Yet there is another possibility as well...what if I am writing about things that have yet to happen to me? Am I writing what will be my fate and more importantly do I have control of my own destiny through what I put on paper?

I don't know about you...but this is freaking me out some here. Granted this may not be as bizarre as Demon Ducks but it is in a way a bit more scary in that it is now--right now and not bones in the dirt of things from the past. This deja vu is now...or is that incorrect? Perhaps I have yet to experience the deja vu for this event.

Please leave comments or have you done that already and it just has not happened?

I'm all confused...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home