Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Boston Curse Clarification

Before anyone jumps on me about the "Boston Curse" mentioned in the previous post I thought I would clarify that I like Boston, it just seems that it doesn't like me for some reason. The folks I have met at the convention were really cool and even took us to some nice places to eat. The background behind this is that I have made two previous trips to Boston for conventions in January. The first time I was there I ate a meal in the con suite...hey it was lasagna so how could I pass it up. Anyway to spare all the gruesome details, lets just say that I was stopped up so to speak the "entire" weekend and then some. So I did not have a really good time at the convention--heck, I barely remember it I was so blah feeling.

The next year I went back--now I know what you are thinking...January and Boston is a dangerous combination. Well my traveling companion and I (Tee Morris)flew up...yes he talked me into flying,(flying is another story for another time-see short story: Have A Nice Flight). Anyway we get there and the blizzard of 2005 comes with us. We decided on Saturday to get out of town while the getting was good. So unable to get flights, we hopped the train. The weather conditions were so bad, that ice formed on the inside of the door to the train car. Sleeping on the overnight trip was next to impossible due to teeth clattering. Still though, getting out of Boston was still a good move. Most people had to stay 1-2 extra nights before the airport opened. There were even rumors of cannibalism at the hotel (only kidding--I think.)

Anyway, that is the story behind the "Boston Curse." I am hoping that this trip will be better.

They don't get blizzards in July there--do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home