Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Subtle but Important Rebuke of An Earlier Post

A while back I posted a comment on how electrons and words don't mix. As I do subscribe to that philosophy, I have recently learned that there is room for exception and some hope.

I recently taught this play called "Sure Thing," in one of my classes. Basically it is about a man and a woman and they are having a conversation. As they move through the discussion, the conversation reaches a point where a bell will sound indicating that the conversation has ended because one of them has said the wrong thing and at the wrong time. The point is that timing is everything in conversations.

Recently I had a phone conversation with someone (one of my precious editors whom I adore for putting up with me) where it ended on a so-so note...okay call it a bell--maybe the timing was off or whatever but my/her point didn't get across. Well, surprisingly, a little later I received an email with further clarification of what I/She had tried to express in our conversation and it made it alright...well better than alright actually.

So electrons came through this day...and that's a good thing. So maybe there is hope if the timing is right and the context is clear:), or perhaps it is just a factor of how well you know someone. Anyway, it's all good at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home