Monday, July 10, 2006

The Boston Curse Goes on Holiday

I know for those of you who are reading this blog...you are dying to know (insert sarcasm here) what the results of the Boston Curse was this weekend that I mentioned in the previous posts.

Well--I survived. Actually I had a very pleasant trip. Most things stayed "on target" with the schedule of events, a few minor misdirection or skirmishes, but all in all it was an excellent weekend.

The hotel was much nicer than the downtown hotel I have stayed at for some of the other Boston cons. Note of caution: The Elevator...hold onto your stomach. It literally drops from floor to floor very quickly making the starts and stops quite unsettling for those that are sensitive to that kind of thing. People were very nice and special thanks to Patrick and company for inviting me to the local BBQ--(and of course the rides to and from the train station),I had a very nice time and the company and conversation were indeed a refreshing break from the convention. Insert note of envy here: I want one of those towers too--no home is complete without one. Anyway many thanks for company and help at the convention!

The convention was a different kind of convention, I think it was too small for the number of the guests which equaled limited participation. However, my vampire presentation went quite well--many thanks to Mary for running the computer for me on short notice. Did an excellent job and hardly missed a beat of the slide transition.

The train on the way up was okay except for the meat locker temperature maintained throughout the night. However,the return train trip on the high speed train was soooooooo cool! I only wished it ran all the way back to Richmond. It was quite a change switching over to the old train for the last leg of the trip.

So...the Boston Curse has gone on hiatus--for now (yeah--I gotta be me in terms of lurking future disasters. All the preconcieved notion of disasters did not materialize as I had feared--and there were many believe me, but this trip which I hope becomes the norm and one that I look forward to in the future with the same company of success and enjoyment.

What looms on the horizon--TRINOC in Raleigh, NC.
OUTLOOK: somewhat pessimistic on a few issues.

Until later...

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Emrya said...

On target is one way to put it, but the tower was definitely cool. Very glad you had a good time, because I certainly did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home