Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Summer Perspective

Well I have to start somewhere and the summer is as good as place as any. This summer has been different for me. I am only teaching one class so I have a bit more free time than usual. After a shoulder injury from last summers backyard project, I swore off any large endeavors for this summer. I had the best intentions on working on a new novel, but it seems that I am not quite in the mindset. Instead I have taken up with some editing work on the new vampire series and some other minor projects. I also have been promoting the release of Alien Deception. But I digress from the point. I mentioned that I was not in the mindset--the state of mind needed to indulge my imagination. Instead I have spent more time re-acquainting myself with people and making new friends. This indulging in humanity as I call it has been both exhilarating and frightening. I think sometimes as a writer, or anyone for that matter, we can get too obsessed in our day to day lives and forget what it is that makes a day or even a moment enjoyable.

Now I can imagine what all those pessimists are saying..."Come back Tony, we miss you," but for now, they can stay in the background...way in the background. Someone recently told me what the difference is between a cynic and pessimist, but lets face it, the common ground between the two is pretty close...doom and gloom, its just really a matter of time. But for now, this summer and for however long I can manage it, I am going to be an optimist or at least try my best to be.

Many thanks to Emyra, your conversation, outlook, and company has been... in terms of finding the words-priceless-as you can't assign a value, I cannot find the words and I guess I'll leave it at that. And yes, "It's all good!" (go ahead and add it to the tally again) But please keep an eye out for those curbs...this one time, it really wasn't my fault!

Humanity has been a pretty good companion so far and I am going to indulge in it--one addiction we can all use and need.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Emrya said...

Well thank you Tony:) Good to see you joining the real world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home