Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Rambling Ostrich and Odds and Ends

Special thanks to Bryan J. Prindiville, www.bassetville.net, for supplying the truly "appropriate" artwork seen here. Now I have proof that I was not hallucinating...either that or Bry and I are drinking out of the same bottle:)



Isn't she cute...hmmm...
I have a feeling that this image may become my new look rather than the usual dark and brooding image I am known for. Heck, I'm going to have to get a T-Shirt made.
Thanks Bry...much appreciated.


Well I am closing in on day 13 and seem to be adjusting to the nicotine deprived state--well sort of, I expect I will be doing the gum for another 10 weeks or so. But on the bright side, the death looks, verbal abuse, and the shaking hands are starting to ease off. My daughter is still alive along with the dog, the birds, the chinchilla and any snarky acquaintances. This last category is really surprising:)

Odds and Ends:

About the story: I must admit I am surprised at the number of responses from folks that like alternate ending number 4. In all honesty it was my least favorite...very interesting. I like to hear more why this ending was so well liked. Maybe even expand it some more.

What's next...well I don't know. I am back to teaching next week with a killer load of 6-7 classes for the semester which will be interesting. Maybe, with some encouragement, I can get another story going:)one with both a short and long answer this time:)

Conventions: DragonCon is the beginning of next month which should be interesting--it always is. Book'em in October, MileHiCon in October, Astronomicon in November and maybe Philcon as well.

On Writing: I am sure there will be one more go around of edits on Book I of the vampire series, Operation Immortal Servitude, which I hope to see this Fall. Then we switch back to the SF Book, Alien Revelations, which is due in the Spring and then I have to finish up second vampire book which is to be released toward the end of next year. So busy...busy...busy which may be a good thing as we wind down an interesting year...

That's it for now. A closing thought: Remember--it is always better to duck rather than to stick your head in the sand. You might miss something. Don't ask...

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Emrya said...

quack quack quack

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Emrya said...

No really, we are all proud of you for managing this long Tony. And you realyl are much better with the withdrawal.. even without the Vicodin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home