Sunday, August 13, 2006

Still with the living...

Well I'm at the...hell, I don't know, somewhere between 2 and 3 day mark without smoking. Its hard to focus on the exact time or anything else for that matter. My apologies for not getting the next ending of the story out--but like I said, its kind of hard to focus.

Anyway I am still with the living...well sort of. I am running out of things to clean--I have tackled the garage and a good part of the shed and have only punched the walls out twice...so far. (I'm not counting the mutilated stuff animals--they don't really count--do they?)My daughter has been extremely helpful--she leaves the house so she doesn't get abused. Smart girl...

My mind keeps telling me how foolish this is...there is an entire carton of cigarettes in the closet. They're right there and the madness will be over. Temptation is very close...oh so very close.

How close? A very fine thread at best. I have never realized how much of an addiction I have with smoking. Hell I was shocked when I figured it out that I have been smoking for thirty years. One of those kind of things we try not to remember.

If it wasn't for the special friend whose calls are keeping me from making that mistake--I'd be right back there--there is no doubt in my mind about that. I don't know what I would do without you...well yeah I do, I'd be smoking...

Warm thanks and a very special hug for you:)

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks Carrie--appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home