Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Importance of Undergarments & Conventions- A Continuing Story-Part V

Note: I have not received very many comments about the story so far which is rather disappointing. If you don't want to respond to the blog...you can email me at aruggs@aol.com with your thoughts. Hint: I need some encouragement to keep going with this folks :()

Part V
“Ah…yes, well con virgin. Sorry, it’s just a term for people attending their first con and then there’s the other meaning…well we don’t need to go into that. You’re not from around here are you?
“Yes I am,” she countered.
“So you’re local then?”
“Well not at the moment. I like to think of it in relative terms. I’m from the 4th floor.”
“I’m confused,” I said lightheartedly but I really was confused.
“That’s not really important,” she said.
“Right, you want to observe the…ritual as you said.”
“Will you help me?”
“Sure. What do you want to know?”
“Everything. I want to be…how do you say…I want to be intimate with the ritual so that I have a complete understanding.”

“Intimate,” I said as my mind immediately went in the wrong direction with the word. Now here is another of those moments when you either say something really slick or you fall completely on your face in embarrassment by making a bad joke. Being me, I of course chose option number 2.

“Intimate,” I repeated, “shouldn’t we get to know one another a little first? My name is Mike and you are?”
“Trista,” she said and then appeared to think over what I had just said.

I felt the impending cloud of doom settle upon me as I waited for her to either slap me or pour the contents of her drink into my crotch. My self preservation instinct kicked in and I tried to change the subject so that I could try and cover my butt with that last remark I made.

“So Trista, that’s a pretty name. What is its origin?”

She didn’t answer. It was like she was communing with the silence or deciding how she was going to kill me. I could deal with option one but not two.

“Of course,” she finally said in a tone that flowed assuredly as if she had just discovered some exiting medical breakthrough or something. “Now I understand your earlier reference to virgin.”

“Huh?” I said totally confused. I removed my hands from my groin area where they had gone into the defensive mode. “What do you understand?”

“You wish to have sex first? This is part of the ritual? Is this where the naked chef comes in or is it the card game?”

To be continued…

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Emrya said...

well _I_ am enjoying it so far... just waiting to see where it goes.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Pamela K. Kinney said...

Interesting... I think (or should I say I suspect) who or what the woman is or might be, since I have seen such written before in novels/short stories. Continue with the story and take us where no person at a scifi convention has been before.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Tony said...

thnaks for all the comments...we shal continue...for a bit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home