Friday, September 15, 2006

Just in Case....

This is one of those just in case blogs...just in case I am never heard from again. I'm up in New Jersey and I am staying at a hotel that well...if Norman was here--he would feel right at home. Now before you ask--I did not book this hotel--its where a family relative is dong their wedding thingy...etc.

Anyway...I show up at the front desk to check in and the man does not even look up to see who has come in but just recites the litany..."fill out the white card." Okay so I do all that and hand him the card...and of course asks the question..."Hmmm...Ruggiero...is that Italian?" Then smiles and looks at me through a pair of very dirty glasses and laughs..."only kidding," he adds. Of course he says this while he is...you guessed it...painting by the numbers.

They do not have coffee pots in the room. I don't know about you but I have a hard time remembering staying in a hotel room that did not have a coffee pot in it. Maybe they just want you to go down to the office and visit with...well you know who.

Cell phones don't work in the room. As soon as you go out the door they work, but not in the room. Nope--Nada--(insert your favorite no word here).

I wonder if I will be able to sleep tonight? I would say that there is a short story here to be written, but I think I covered that one already. See if you can guess which one and you win a prize.

I should have brought the guard ostrich with me...I need my snark. Its like going into a fairy ring without iron...

Oh BTW...38 DAYS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home